Children......Train them as if they have a lifetime before them and LOVE them as if tomorrow may never come!
Regina Holsted

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My 11 year old's new question

   So, my eleven year old son has come up with the theory of mom and dad adopting another child. I explained to him that was not something you just went and did but maybe we could pray about it. So, now the new question everyday is "has God told you yes about the kid yet". The boy even went as far as going on the internet and finding the boy he wants to adopt for our family. Yes, he found the list of older foster kids and guess what his child that he wants looks like? He is nine and looks like a younger version of Christopher, blonde hair and same eyes. So now I am seeing what is going on behind all of his thinking.........he misses his brother very bad.
   So, during his next counseling appointment I address this issue with hopes of helping him realize the real issues of what he is feeling. Well it didn't work, rather he laid this guilt statement on me, "Mother don't you want to help another poor kid without a home like you did for chris and me". I am like WOW.................but it still didnt work. LOL
   On we go through this process of grieving which is totally different for each family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment